- Commission to the vendor is 17.5%
- £5.00 lot fee
- 1% insurance
- VAT applies to all charges at the current rate
- A buyer’s premium of 20% + VAT will be added to the hammer price of each lot
- Any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com timed auction service, will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT
- Payment can be made by: debit/credit card, cash, cheque and bank transfer. Online bidders can pay via the online portal
- All international bank transfers, not in pounds sterling, will incur an additional £7.00 handling fee
- All lots not collected within 7 days of the sale will be charged at £1.00 + VAT per lot per day for storage.
- Lots not collected within 3 months of the auction, will be re-offered or disposed of by the company.
All bids are legally binding.
Any representation or statement by Charles Ross Auctioneers in any catalogue or condition report as to attribution, genuineness, origin, date, description or condition is a statement of opinion only.
Every person interested should exercise his or her own judgment as to such matters, as the auctioneers are not responsible for the correctness of such opinion.
Please note that condition reports are not printed in the catalogue or on our website. However, we are happy to provide them on request subject to our terms and conditions of sale. The absence of any reference in any description does not imply the lot is without fault.
POST 1950 FURNITURE: All items of furniture included in this sale are offered for sale as works of art. The item may not comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) Safety Regulations 1988 and for this reason, they should not be used in a private dwelling.
The conduct of the sale shall be the sole responsibility of the auctioneers, whose decision and action in the event of a dispute shall be final.
The auctioneers accept no responsibility for injury to or theft from any person attending the sale.
Payment to the vendor is usually made 4 weeks after the auction. The auctioneers act as selling agents only and are not liable for any default by the purchaser.
The auctioneers will hold goods on the premises and whilst in their custody, are insured against fire, burglary and water damage (but not against accidents, breakages, damage or pilferage). The value of the goods covered, shall be that which the auctioneers estimate to be the auction value of such goods.
For more detailed terms please enquire at the saleroom.